Thursday, September 3, 2009

Good Points

I weighed yesterday and I'm down to 266.4. In one week I lost one whole pound and six ounces. I counted calories, and never went above 1500, and I walked two miles everyday, which concluded with three rather nasty blisters on my right inner thigh. And it was one freaking pound. ONE.

However, my very supportive boyfriend made a very good point. He said that it may have been only one pound after a week of eating right and exercising each day for a week BUT. There are 52 weeks in a year and that even if I only lost one pound per week I'd lose 52 pounds (which is half of my goal). He's pretty much amazing.

What adds to his amazingness is the fact that he hasn't brought a single fast food container into my apartment, he's eaten a salad when that's what I'm having for supper, and he's walked with me. He got Matt, Kim, and Avery to join in with us, too! Timothy even set up the treadmill in his apartment so that I can still walk with him there if he doesn't want to get physical. I'm an independent woman, but walking around outside by myself is not only stupid it's dangerous. All of these skinny prisses running around the campus in pitch black dark with headphones in their ears are just asking for trouble. I did see one girl running with a dog, but it was a poodle. Please tell me what a poodle is going to do to an attacker. At least run with a boxer, or a rotwieler, or a lab. You need something that looks ferocious, not a dog that has red toenails and a haircut that leaves their butt bare.

One pound and six ounces. It's better than nothing, but I'm aiming for two next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment