Monday, January 11, 2010

Stress!

So I spent the past week in Monroeville since Katie was getting married. I gained 7 lbs.

My main problem is that I'm a stress eater. Food is a comfort for me--actually, not just the food, the whole process is, really. Picking out what I want, mixing it, cooking it, smelling it...eating it. I feel at home in the kitchen. It's like...I don't know, it's just so peaceful and soothing to me to be able to cook. The wedding week was VERY stressful. Everyone's nerves were on edge, there was snapping and fighting and tears and I couldn't handle it. So I had biscuits and bread and sweets and grease...and I felt better. And worse. I haven't quite figured out how one can feel better and worse at the same time. Maybe I feel better because food is my comfort, and I feel worse because I want and need to lose this weight so badly.

I thought once I got back to Auburn everything would mellow out and I wouldn't be tempted since I don't have those "no-no" foods in my apartment but I'm already stressed about school and I've only been to one class! Let me clarify--this ONE class requires me to drive to Smith Station twice a week. It's 80 miles there and back, and I have to stay in SS for three hours each day. I'll be working with third graders. Just once, I wish AU would put me in a Kindergarten classroom so I can get the experience I want! UGH!!

Anyways, I'll find a way to deal with my stress. I don't know exactly how yet. Eh, I'll work on that later. Right now, I must clean this filthy apartment!!

Current weight: 265.4

1 comment:

  1. Girl I have the same prob... We cant help we are AWESOME cooks!!!

    ReplyDelete