Monday, December 7, 2009

The Newness of It All

SO...in the last two weeks, I've lost 7 pounds! It seemed like I was doing everything wrong, even though I was following the diet sheet the endocronologist gave me. It turns out he was an idiot. He was helping me maintain my current weight...what kind of crap is that? He tells me I'm borderline diabetic and 100 pounds overweight, and he gives me a diet to maintain the weight? That doesn't even make any sense!

Anyways, Mama has been doing the Medi-weight loss diet and she's lost 20 pounds so far, I think. Yay her! So I was telling her about my diet and the miserable-ness of the English muffins and she gave me some advice. She told me to get my body to go into ketosis. In order to do that, I can only have strict protein: meat, eggs, and cheese. Eating only protein makes your body turn to eat the extra fat that's on you. It's pretty much amazing! First of all, I love, love, LOVE bacon and eggs! Granted, I've slipped. I made all As so last night at Santa Fe I had two rolls. And they were good, don't get me wrong, it just tasted...off. And I loooooooove bread. But that let me know that this no carb, no sugar thing is really working out for me.

Do I miss the sweets? Heck yes! And it's going to be especially hard this weekend when I go help Nanny make her Christmas candy. Pecan brittle, and divinity, and puppy chow, OH MY! I'll be good. I just keep thinking about the bikini. And hopefully, by December 2010 I will have lost 100 pounds! Just in time for graduation (where I'll be wearing a KILLER LBD). Here's hoping!

Current weight: 263 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment